I love Summer - it's the perfect time to steal. There are cookouts, picnics, dinner parties - everybody leaves their valuables right out in the open for anyone to snatch up with their hungry little hands.
That's how I came across this honey-touched gorgonzola bread. My girlfriend and I were were having dinner at a friend's house, and these melty, salty, sweet little morsels were just sitting there, unguarded, on the picnic table in front of me. And while I managed to fight every urge to stuff my pockets with the pieces, I did manage to pilfer the recipe.
Honey Gorgonzola Bread Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
2-4 tbs of honey (2 for dinner, 3 for breakfast, 4 for dessert)
8oz of gorgonzola (sliced very thin, or crumbled)
1) Preheat oven to 400
2) Cut the baguette in half, and then into 1"-2" pieces
3) Arrange the pieces evenly on a baking sheet
4) Drizzle the olive oil over the bread until it's fairly well coated, but not soaked
5) Put the bread in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown
6) Take the bread out of the oven, and place a generous amount of the gorgonzola on each piece.
7) This one is optional - some people prefer to let the hot bread melt the cheese, but I prefer to stick the bread in the oven again until the cheese turns a very light brown, or melts over the bread.
8) Remove from the oven, drizzle just a bit of the honey over each piece.
You now have an easy and pleasing dish that can be used for brunch, a snack, dinner, or even dessert. We all knew thievery was fun and exciting - who knew it could be delicious too.
Now, what to do with this left over gorgonzola...
Questions, comments, additions? CutsEveryday@gmail.com.