There's no way around it. It's hot out. Tre chaud. Muy caliente. Sehr heiss. And when you can't beat the heat, what choice do you have but to join it. So, last night I made a sandwich very close to my heart - my No Relief Chicken Club. A healthy (but still spicy) buffalo sauce for the chicken, bacon cooked in Victoria's Chipotle Flakes, and straight up jalapenos. By the time you finish eating this club, the burn in your mouth will distract you completely from the oven outside.
Jalapeno Buffalo Chicken Club with Chipotle Bacon Ingredients:
1 tbs salt
1/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
1/8 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup white vinegar
4 slices of blue cheese
1/2 lb bacon
4 pieces of wheat bread, toasted
4 slices of red onion
2 jalapeno peppers, sliced into circles
1/2 a small tomato, sliced
1/8 cup mayo
2. Cut three horizontal slits in each piece. The slits should be about 3/4 of the way through the breast. This is just to help the pieces absorb the marinade.
3. Rub the salt into the chicken - make sure to get into those slits!
4. In a medium bowl, mix olive oil, hot sauce, vinegar and lime juice in a bowl
5. Add the chicken breasts to the marinade, and swish'em around until they are well coated. Leave for 20-30 minutes
6. Chop or tear the bacon into 2" pieces, and add to a heated skillet with the chipotle pepper flakes. Cook until crispy, then place bacon on a paper towel to drain.
8. Place the chicken on the grill
9. While that cooks, add a thin layer of mayo to both sides of the toasted bread, build the the tomato, jalapeno, onion, and bacon
10. When the chicken is almost cooked through, add a generous amount of blue cheese to the top of each piece of chicken. Leave for about 5 minutes, then remove from grill and add to the sandwich.
Questions? Additions? Comment below, or email CutsEveryday@gmail.com - I'd love to hear from you!